Reports to: Council of Elders
Staff Management: There are 7 staff, plus a number of committees and working groups – some of which are managed by staff and some are managed directly by the Senior Pastor.
Hours: Full time.
- Dynamic personal relationship with Jesus, seeking on-going growth and spiritual maturity.
- Accepts the infallibility of scripture and doctrine as expressed in the “Apostle’s creed” (following).
- Humble dependence on God’s wisdom and strength, through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, to do God’s will for God’s glory.
- A pastoral heart – having deep concern love and empathy for the congregation and wider community
- Gifted with the abilities and passion for:
- teaching, and
- Visionary, with ability to inspire, lead, unite and disciple others to achieve the vision.
- Dedicated to God’s standard for unity in the Body of Christ in all teamwork situations.
- Living a personal life and leading own family, according to God’s moral standards and truth.
- Compassion for the lost and hurting, with personal outreach as a way of life.
- Supportive and encouraging towards the exercising of spiritual gifts for the benefit of the body of believers.
- Able to receive ongoing personal and/or professional feedback with openness and humility.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma of Theology or Christian Ministry from a recognised Bible College.
- Accredited by Churches of Christ Victoria and Tasmania or is willing to undergo the process of Accreditation with CCVT.
- Proven experience in management/leadership development.
- Working experience outside of the Church is also considered to be valuable, though not essential.
- Experience in a Senior Minister role is highly desirable, though not essential.
- Strong evidence of leadership along with setting of vision and successfully implementing.
- Experienced and gifted communicator, preacher and teacher.
- Ability to guide, coach and mentor staff and key leaders to achieve the Church’s vision and goals.
- To deliver the Vision and Mission of York St.
- Leadership of staff, volunteers and the congregation.
- Ensure effective and strategic connections into the Ballarat community (in order to deliver on York Street’s Vision and Mission).
- Effective evangelism and discipleship programs.
- To ensure a healthy and vibrant church culture.
- To oversee effective and prudent financial management.
- A rolling 5 year strategic plan with annual review/updates.
- The ongoing development of all staff supported by structured Job Descriptions and continual review processes in place.
- Annual operational plan (including reporting structures).
- Annual evangelism plan.
- Annual discipleship plan.
- Annual ministry team plan.
- Annual missions plan.
Term: Full time ongoing with annual review. Please note, applicants must hold Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
Please note, applicants must hold Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
The Apostles Creed.
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit; Born of the Virgin Mary; Suffered under Pontius Pilate; Was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into Hell; The third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven; And sits on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit; The Holy Christian Church, the Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of sins; The Resurrection of the body; And the life everlasting.
To apply, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org